Dark Souls III will be released in April 2016, according to publisher Bandai Namco.
The publisher revealed that a network stress test will be conducted in October. It is currently accepting applications from fans who want to be a part of it. Places are limited and the selection process is randomised.
As part of this stress test, those selected will play the game for various tech verifications. Ultimately, Bandai Namco hopes that it will lead to an improvement in the final product. Those interested can register on the Dark Souls III website.
Dark Souls III will be released in April 2016.
Network Stress Test Information:
- Game server load evaluation
- Multiplayer gameplay evaluation
- Game balance evaluation
- September 18th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CEST to Sunday, October 4th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CEST (planned)
Network Stress Test sessions:
- Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
- Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
- Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST