DriveClub’s servers underwent a "significant" upgrade, which could improve the chances of the PlayStation Plus version being released.
The servers that provide Challenges in DriveClub are actually being replaced and upgraded, according to developer Evolution Studios. In a Facebook post, the developer said that this will bring “bigger, better challenges and improve server performance across the game as we continue to work to make the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub possible.”
Evolution Studios noted that players’ Challenges and Event History have started afresh after this update and server launch.
DriveClub’s launch was marred by a range of issues. The game has since been improved significantly through updates and free DLC. However, many are still waiting for the PlayStation Plus version of the game, which was initially scheduled to launch alongside the PlayStation 4 itself.
The PS Plus Edition was announced as being "temporarily held back" in October last year. PS Plus subscribers have been waiting for news ever since. This server upgrade could pave the way for the PS Plus edition’s release.
Full details for Game Update 1.16:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite #PS4share pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.