We're just getting over the fact that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain FINALLY has a release date (September 1st on all the consoles people!) and now there's even more good news for fans with the Collectors Edition.
The long in development game acts as a direct sequel to interstitial title Ground Zeroes and sees you playing as Venom Snake in 1984, heading out to the badlands of Africa and Afghanistan on a quest for vengenace. Kojima et al are promising massive levels and emergent gameplay, as well as all the random weird stuff we've come to expect from the franchise.
The Collector's Set for The Phantom Pain ups the ante by offering plenty of physical AND digital rewards. In the very fancy looking box you'll find these physical items:
- Half-scale Replica of Snake's Bionic Arm (yes really, it looks neat)
- Collectible SteelBook
- Behind-the-Scenes Documentary and Trailers Blu-Ray Disc
- A Map
- Exclusive Packaging
There will also be plenty of digital-only rewards, such as:
- Weapon and Shield Pack(Windurger S333 Comba Special Weapon, Adam-ska Special Weapon, Maschinen aktische Pistole 5 Weiss Special Weapon, Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold Special Weapon, and a Personal Ballistic Shield in Olive Drab, Silver, White, and Gold)
- Cardboard Box(Rocky Terrain, All-Purpose Dryland, and Wetland)
- Snake Costume(Fatigues in Black Ocelot, Gray Urban, Blue Urban, and All-Purpose Dryland)
- "Venom Snake" Emblem
- Metal Gear Online XP Boost
- MGO Items(Metal Gear Rex Helmet, Golden AM MRS-4, and Golden WU S.PISTOL)
The Day One Edition of the Game comes with a few extras, notably the game map as well as DLC items -Adam-ska Special Handgun,Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver),Cardboard Box (Wetland),Fatigues (Blue Urban SnakeCostume) and an XP booster for Metal Gear Online, which will also be available on launch day.
The Collectors Edition of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will retail for $99, so expect it to be a bit more in euros.
The game arrives on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3 on the 1st of September 2015, with the Steam edition launching on September 15th.