Console wars are often won and lost by the quality of their exclusives. Microsoft today listed off its announced exclusive titles to give Xbox One owners a taste of what’s to come.
Marketing executive Aaron Greenberg highlighted three games coming through the ID@Xbox programme. In an interview with Gamertag Radio, Greenberg said, "If you played Limbo you're definitely excited to see what Playdead's bringing next with Inside. We know the guys at Capy make incredible games and Below has been a title that's been anticipated for a very long time. And then Cuphead is a console-exclusive for us. Lifetime exclusive. And so that's a big title that we've bet on."
Here are the exclusive titles that Microsoft has announced for 2016:
- Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer Beta in Spring 2016/Launch in Fall 2016
- Quantum Break (Xbox One) – April 5, 2016
- Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer in Summer 2016
- Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016
You’ll notice that Scalebound no longer makes the list. It was announced yesterday that Platinum is pushing that Xbox One exclusive back until 2017.