A new Overwatch patch has been released that rebalances Widowmaker and McCree.
Widowmaker's scoped shot alternative fire has been reduced in damage from 15 to 12, but the headshot multiplier has been upped from 2.0x to 2.5x. This means that headshot damage is the same as before, but body shots will hurt less. In addition, you'll have to wait for the unscoping animation to play out before scoping again, and her Infra-Sight Ultimate costs 10% more too.
McCree is being nerfed so that he's less of a must-pick in all situations. According to the patch notes, "McCree was performing too well against all targets." His Fan the Hammer alternative fire ability's damage has been reduced from 70 to 45, but his recovery time has also been lowered. This rebalance should make him less of a threat to tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but ensure that he can take smaller targets like Tracer and Genji down.
Hero balance changes
Peacekeeper alternate fire
- Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
- Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45
Widow's Kiss alternate fire (scoped shot)
- Base damage decreased from 15 to 12 (note: scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged)
- Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2.0x to 2.5x
- Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
- Ultimate cost increased by 10 per cent
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps
- Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight