UPDATE - TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Video Games Live is unique and special event for fans of video games. It's a massive and immersive concert event which is designed from the ground up to celebrate the amazing world of video game soundtracks using impressive production values and hosted byTommy Tallarico, one of the best composers in the business! Check out our interview with Tommy right here.
And in 2015, its coming back to Dublin! That's right, the best of game music including tracks from Zelda, Halo, Warcraft, Metroid, Mario, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, Beyond Good & Evil, Assassin's Creed and more will be arriving back in Dublin for the second time since its debut here in 2009. Here's a taste of what the event looks like, with music fromTommy Tallarico's amazing Advent Rising...
The show involves a huge screen with exclusively-prepared video footage and world class solo peformances as well as interactive elements for the crowd. The whole thing kicks off with a Guitar Hero competition where the winner gets to play on stage with the full syphony orchestra! There will also be a costume contest with special prizes and a chance to meet members of the video game community after the concert.
Right now, you can pre-book a VIP pass for $100 which entitles you to the following extras:
- Video Games Live backstage laminated tour pass.
- Pre-show production tour, Q&A and special personal meet & greet with VGL creator and game music superstar Tommy Tallarico.
- Free download card for the newest Video Games Live: Level 3 album!
- Official vintage Video Games Live poster.
- Video Games Live Temporary Tattoos.
- Special FRONT OF LINE access to the Video Games Live post-show meet & greet.
- Signed 1st page conductor sheet music from the performance.
But please note this doesn't actually include the cost of the ticket itself.
This time around, Video Games Live will be held at the National Convention Centre Dublin on the 4th of April 2015. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday the 15th of October. Video Games Live is part of the I DIG Music Dublin International Game Music Festival. Three day passes start at €65 (for the first 500) for a host of events including the concert.
Plenty more info here.