We're just a week away from the launch of Star Wars Battlefront. If you played the beta, you'll be familiar with the idea of Star Cards, traits, and so on. But here is everything you need to know about them, including what level they unlock at and how much they cost. EA also revealed the 43 trophies that you can achieve.
To find out even more information about the various weapons, Star Cards, and so on, including their attributes or abilities, visit the Career portion of your Star Wars Battlefront profile.
Star Cards are mainly gadgets that you purchase with credits. These will be a useful addition to your arsenal, letting you pick off people from a distance (Cycler Rifle - Level 28), traverse the landscape with ease (Jump Pack - Level 13) or turn the tide of a fight in your favour (Thermal Detonator - Level 2)
Charged Star Cards:
The Charged Star Card you equip will depend on your in-game approach or what game mode you are playing. In the beta, for example, the Ion Shot was an essential card for Rebel Soldiers playing the Walker Assault mode, while the Personal Shield came in handy in Drop Zone.
In the beta, players only had access to the Sharpshooter trait. This reduced cooldown times and was triggered by headshots. It may be tricky to choose a trait, as there are a few interesting ones on offer. Survivalist will let regeneration kick in faster, Scout will let you sprint around without appearing on scanners, and Bounty Hunter gives you a chance of getting a Power-up with each kill.
Some of the Power-ups are yet to be seen in action, such as the R5-D4 Droid or Viper Probe. These will patrol the vicinity, scan for enemies, and attacks them on sight. There’s also the Card Refresh, which resets the cooldown on all of your cards. The others are familiar from the beta and offer some powerful effects.
Here are all of the weapons that you’ll get your hands on in Star Wars Battlefront along with how much they cost to purchase and when you’ll be able to buy them. The DL-44, which unlocks at Level 50, delivers “massive damage” at close range, but you won’t be able to spray fire as it overheats quickly.
It will take some time before you get to play as anything other than a fairly generic human or Stormtrooper. But those who invest time into the game will be able to choose a variety of Alien heads, including Twi'lek and Quarren, on the Rebel side, while Empire players will get to be Scout or Shadow Troopers.
There are 43 achievements and trophies on offer in Star Wars Battlefront. Naturally, they are all packed with Star Wars universe flavour.
- A New Hope - Play every Multiplayer game mode
- In a galaxy far, far away... - Win one match in each Multiplayer game mode
- Never tell me the odds! - Successfully perform Cooling Flush 10 times (Multiplayer)
- I suggest a new strategy - Use a partner's Star Card hand 10 times (Multiplayer)
- Shoot first - Be the first in a match to earn a kill (Multiplayer)
- Great shot, kid! - Kill an enemy who is using a Jump Pack (Multiplayer)
- A cunning warrior - Reach level 3 once with any Trait (Multiplayer)
- Don't underestimate the Force - Earn a total of 100 kills while playing as a hero (Multiplayer)
- Crush them with one swift stroke… - Trample 25 soldiers with an AT-ST (Multiplayer)
- That got him! - Use a tow cable to destroy an enemy AT-AT in Walker Assault
- Hold the line! - Kill 10 enemies while attacking or defending a control point in Supremacy
- Stay on target - Kill 10 enemies in a match of Fighter Squadron
- What's the cargo? - Kill 10 enemies carrying the cargo in Cargo
- Playing the objective - Have the most kills in a match of Blast
- The Force is strong with this one - Earn 10 kills in a match as any hero on Hero Hunt
- I've been waiting for you - Kill 10 enemies trying to claim your team's pod in Drop Zone
- "Gonk? Gonk!" - Capture three droids in a match of Droid Run
- The power of the Force - Defeat a hero while playing as any hero on Heroes vs Villains
- When 900 years old you reach... - Reach Rank 50
- Collector - Earn any diorama figurine in the game
- Tell Jabba that I've got his money - Earn a total of 25,000 credits (Multiplayer)
- Distinguished - Earn 100 Accomplishments
- Determined - Complete 25 Challenges
- Don't get cocky - Defeat both the Millennium Falcon and the Slave I
- A tremor in the Force - Play once as all of the different heroes (Multiplayer)
- Together we can rule the galaxy - Complete any mission with a friend
- Your journey has only started - Complete all missions
- Master - Earn all mission stars on Master difficulty
- On the ball - Complete any Survival mission on Master difficulty within 35 minutes
- Precision shot - Get 10 headshots with the Cycler Rifle (Multiplayer)
- Scrap collector - Earn any collectible Star
- All right, I'll give it a try - Earn a star on all training missions
- Safety ain't the point of a joyride - Take no damage in the Endor Chase mission
- Best star pilot in the galaxy - Destroy 10 TIE fighters within 2 minutes on the Beggar's Canyon mission
- New Recruit - Complete any mission
- Impressive. Most impressive. - Earn a total of 5 stars from Battle missions
- Off to a good start - Win any Battle mission on Normal difficulty against the AI
- Survivor - Earn a total of 5 stars from Survival missions
- Ackbar's Elite - Complete any Survival mission on Master difficulty without dying
- Do... or do not. There is no try - Complete the Tutorial
- Judge me by my size, do you? - Reach Rank 25
- Not bad for a little furball - Get hit in the head by a rock from an Ewok on Endor
- Walker defender - Destroy a Y-wing in Walker Assault