The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been going from strength to strength since it kicked off in 2008 with the original Iron Man.
Thanks to insanely strong casting and a well-wrought plan to bring multiple characters and stories together, the MCU has been building from each movie to the next, with 2012 marking the first Avengers film and a box office explosion wothy of all the preparation. A second crescendo is now on the way, with Avengers: Age of Ultron set to release in late April 2015.
It's been a long journey and the events of movies like The Winter Soldier have resulted in real changes to the world Marvel and Disney have been building. And thanks to Joss Whedon, we're pretty sure that the new film is going to break box office records once again. So why not celebrate this massive cinematic achivement in style by watching the entire Avengers Saga in one day!
That's right, Vue cinemas are offering the chance to watch 9 Avengers-centric Marvel movies back to back on the 21stof April 2015. That's a combined running time of 22 hours (including 'comfort breaks') and it will all be capped off by the main event - a chance to see Avengers: Age of Ultron a full four hours before anyone else in the world. That's because Ireland and the UK are getting the film first, so you'll be more than a week ahead of American viewers too! Here's the ridiculous lineup, starting from midnight on the 21stof April and running almost to the next day.
- 00:00 to 02:05am - Iron Man (followed by 15 minute comfort break)
- 02:20 to 04:20 - Iron Man 2 (followed by 15 minute comfort break)
- 04:35 to 06:30 - Thor (followed by 10 minute comfort break)
- 06:40 to 08:40 - Captain America (followed by 20 minute breakfast break)
- 09:00 to 11:20 - Avengers Assemble (followed by 10 minute comfort break)
- 11:30 to 13:40 - Iron Man 3 (followed by 25 minute lunch break)
- 14:05 to 16:00 - Thor: The Dark World (followed by 10 minute comfort break)
- 16:10 to 18:25 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier (followed by 35 minute dinner break)
- 19:00 to 22:00 - Avengers: Age of Ultron in 3D
It's destined to be the ultimate adventure for fans of the Marvel Universe and a real treat for those who are most looking forward to checking out the new film. The Avengers: Ultimate Marathon will be running at Vue Liffey Valley in Ireland and other locations in the UK and tickets start at just €40 for 9 feature films! It's like having your own mini-Marvel movie festival!
A quick note - obviously this doesn't include every Marvel movie to date, 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy is great film but it doesn't include any real connection to the Avengers story, bar some chats with Thanos. And then there's 2008's The Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton, who was initially supposed to continue as the character in The Avengers but bowed out in favour of Mark Ruffalo. It's a more or less forgotten part of the MCU but it would have been interesting to see it back on the big screen.
Get all the info you need about the Avengers: Ultimate Marathon at Vue cinemas right here.
Avengers: Age of Ultron is cinemas from the 22nd of April 2015.