Warnings issued against leaving devices plugged in after fire

News

Warnings issued against leaving devices plugged in after fire

Dublin Fire Brigade has warned people about the dangers of leaving devices plugged after a fire broke out in a house in Dublin this morning.

It is believed that the fire was started by a phone charger that was left on the bed. A bedroom in a house in Castleknock was badly damaged in the blaze. Thankfully, none of the house’s occupants were injured.

The fire brigade said that this incident highlights the dangers of leaving devices plugged in for long periods of times and near textiles. The Dublin Fire Brigade posted a tweet that said, “It'll never happen to me! Well it did this morning in west Dublin, fire caused by phone charger overheating. Beware.”



Warnings issued against leaving devices plugged in after fire on ClickOnline.com
About this author

mark@clickonline.com
Staff Writer
Recent Articles by this author
26 September, 2016
If you thought Snapchat was all about social messaging your information is so last...
16 September, 2016
If you’re budgeting your time for future game releases, you may want to leave...
16 September, 2016
As soon as a new device is released, particularly if it’s an Apple product...
16 September, 2016
President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida, didn’t really...