The uptake of Windows 10 has been “incredible” as far as Microsoft is concerned. Windows 10 is now active on more than 200 million devices.
Microsoft revealed that Windows 10 continues to be on the fastest growth trajectory of any version of Windows ever. It’s outpacing Windows 7 by almost 140% and Windows 8 by a whopping 400%.
Meanwhile, the company says that adoption is accelerating. More than 40% of new Windows 10 devices have become active since Black Friday. Microsoft also revealed that users spent more than 11 billion hours on Windows 10 in December alone.
Finally, for those who are wondering how people are using Windows 10, Microsoft released some interesting statistics:
- Over 44.5 billion minutes spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in just the last month.
- Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
- Around 30% more Bing search queries per Windows 10 device vs. prior versions of Windows.
- Over 82 billion photos viewed within the Windows 10 Photo app.
- Gaming continues to grow on Windows 10 – in 2015, gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games on Windows 10. Gamers have streamed more than 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs.